Philip Lewis

writes:
Sold on 10ft. Thanks all for the great responses.

My new plan is to lay 2 courses of 8" concrete block and then use
standard 8ft studs and work with 8ft sections of wall so I can tilt

From where does the extra height come?

(I'm assuming 8" block with ~1" morter each = 1.5' +8' = 9.5' + .25
(top/bottom plate) 10'

I'd consider a third layer of block and going just over 10'.

Are not "studs" 7'9 anway? so stud + top &bottom plates = 8'.

Do I need to fill each block on the second course?

I don't know what standard building practice is... so i'm talking out
of my butt... but i'd think that you'd want the wall to be tied
together mechanically... Plopping rebar through the common holes in
the block and cementing it in place. That might be overkill.

Is the space now or ever going to be climate controled?
If so, what about using the insulation blocks that fill with cement?
You might want to consider insulating under the slab as well.

--
be safe.
flip