Jeff

I do ceiling first. Then mask with 3M tape. Note there are various grades,
use the second to easiest to remove. If you are good then maybe you can
carefully brush. For me using tape is faster.

"Peter" wrote in message
When painting a room, which surface is done first...ceiling or the
walls.???

I can see that it would be easier to do the walls first as they are easier
to mask
so that you can get a straight line between wall and ceiling.

But some people swear that the ceiling should be done first. Isn't it
more
difficult to mask the ceiling for a straight paint line ???

When painting a wallI is a edge trimmer the best way to get a straight
line,
(just the wall needs to be painted....the ceiling is fine)......

Thanks in advance for your help !!!

Peter