Harry K

I am about to start building a 24 X 28 stand alone garage/shop. I
decided against doing a course or 2 of concrete block and then 8ft
walls and I will just frame it from the pad up. So that leaves me with
the decision of 8' or 10' ceiling height. I know more space is
generally better, but if the space is for casual car repair and wood
working, is 10' really needed? anybody out there do 8' and really
regret it? It's not so much the cost that I'm worried about as I am
doing this myself and 10' will mean more work and I want to be sure its
worth it. thanks for you help.

10ft by all means! Someone mentioned pouring 2ft kneewalls then a slab
later. Very good idea.

Doors: If using 2 doors, go for the widest you can fit. I replaced a
slider with a 8' wide a few years ago. Have kicked my ass ever since
for not going with a 9'. Had to totally reframe the front of the
garage in any case and the wider door would not have caused any extra
work or expense.

Harry K