Stormin Mormon

Look for a breaker that is the width of two breakers. And has a number "50"
twice on the wide handle. That's the most likely one.

Of course, you could take the front of the panel off and look for the large
red and black wires.....

Caution! don't reach into the panel for any reason unless you're 100% sure
what you're doing.

Incidentally, what's the project? Why do you need to know which breaker? Are
you wiring something else, or unwiring, or what?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Walter R." wrote in message
I want to identify a circuit breaker for a disconnected stove in my main
panel (looks like # 6 red and black wires). This is a large house and the
main panel is a maze of wires and breakers (200 A service).

How can I tell which breaker controls this particular circuit? Can I just
turn off the main switch, short-circuit the wires, and turn the main on
again? Will this damage the Main breaker?

Thanks for your help

--
Walter
www.rationality.net