Luke

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:50:55 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Walter R."

wrote:
I want to identify a circuit breaker for a disconnected stove in my main
panel (looks like # 6 red and black wires). This is a large house and the
main panel is a maze of wires and breakers (200 A service).

How can I tell which breaker controls this particular circuit?

Ummm... why not take the cover off the panel, and see which breaker those #6
red and black wires go to?

Ok if there's only one pair...

Even if there are more than one, it certainly narrows down the possibilities.

But takes the fun out of seeing the OP's next post:

"How do I put out an electrical fire?"

;-)

--
Luke
"I had other priorities in the '60s than military service."