Evodawg

2pyrs wrote:
JC Wrote:

I am considering making major renovations to my house--new carpets, new
floors, new windows, new kitchen, new bathrooms. My house is a
3-bedroom,
two kitchens, living room, and a style='text-decoration: none;
border-bottom: 3px double;'
href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=dining%20room"
onmouseover="window.status='dining room'; return true;"
onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"dining room/a. I know
this is really broad, but
any idea how much this would cost?? a ballpark figure?? I live in NJ if
that
is a factor.

And I am considering adding a bedroom--it would be an addition that
would be
adding a floor to the house. The roof would need to be redone for that
area... generally how much would adding a bedroom cost?

Just need an idea what all this would cost. I'm living in a fixer-upper
and
need to start fixing!!
Thanks.

JC

Removed all of the kitchen and bath room and the living room (walls and
floors on a slab). Took of the trusses to add a second floor, rewire the
whole house and new pluming.
Second floor cost when done – new bath and two bedrooms (24’x22’)
around $8000.00
First floor cost well be around $2000.00
Keep in mind I well be doing all the work and making all my cabinets,
countertops ect….

2pyrs

You must be getting your materials at cost too. I can barely do a
bathroom for $8000.00. The fixtures alone cost $2000.00 - $3000.00
or more. Sink, tub, toilet, sink and bath faucets, lighting etc.

Rich

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"