Nick Hull

In article ,
"Walter R." wrote:

I want to identify a circuit breaker for a disconnected stove in my main
panel (looks like # 6 red and black wires). This is a large house and the
main panel is a maze of wires and breakers (200 A service).

How can I tell which breaker controls this particular circuit? Can I just
turn off the main switch, short-circuit the wires, and turn the main on
again? Will this damage the Main breaker?

Thanks for your help

I wouldn't short circuit anything. You could plug a light bulb in to
check the circuit, 2 bulbs for 220.

Easier is to go to Radio shack or Home Depot and buy a circuit tracer.
Plug the transmitter module into the circuit and the reciever will show
you which wire and which breaker correspond.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/