Tom MacIntyre

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 07:30:30 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"me" wrote in message
bigtom wrote in :

James Sweet wrote:
"bigtom" wrote in message

TPG 17" monitor Model TP785XE

No HV, led comes on, heater glows, HOT ok.

i tested the resistance from the flyback anode(big red wire) to
chassi and got a reading of 2.68M ohm.

is it a faulty flyback?

It could be, but it's more likely something else. Do you have B+ at
the HOT?

with the HOT removed, and a 40w bulb across C/gnd i get a B+ of
198v.(240v supply)
what should i look at next?

a telephone directory, for a qualified repair technician.

What would be the point? Monitors are rarely worth paying someone to fix
anymore, better to do research and keep poking around, might learn something
useful. Seems some qualified technicians have forgotten that they too
started out not knowing how to fix things.

I resemble that remark, and had an EET behind me, as well as some
radio/TV experience behind me, before I got into the consumer end.
There are generic problems, and there are specific problems, and only
time and experience will separate them to the point where they are
actually separate.

Tom