Larry Jaques

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:19:36 -0700, the opaque Fly-by-Night CC
clearly wrote:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

If so, do it right. Make traditional beef or chicken tamales, not some
newfangled yuppie-mex raisin stuff, eh?

Yeah, a 40 year old yuppie recipe! They were desert - remember I was 2
to 5 years old at the time and they were a special treat. I do like
shredded beef or chicken but being a traditionalist prefer pork tamales.

When my sister went to ASU (Tempe, AZ) in '72, her biology class took
a look at canned, fully-cooked hams under the microscope. It was fully
alive with all sorts of things. Nobody in our family has eaten pork
since, with the one exception of the occasional burnt bacon slice.

One or two of those and a chile relleno - oh yeah BABY! Chorizo and eggs
is another favorite - get the ol' sinuses moving in the A.M . and nary a
problem all day.

My caucasian neighbor (Dakota raised) makes a mean relleno and always
brings me some when she makes them.

--
ALL YOUR FEARS ARE LIES