Edwin Pawlowski

"Bob Valor" wrote in message
Does a double hung window have a circulation advantage in a one window
bathroom?

It would seem that a double hung window would allow for an
upper air stream and a lower air stream.

In theory this is correct. In practice, most people never open the widows
fro topand bottom. Many have triple track screen/storm windows and in the
screen down position, the top is blocked by the storm window.

IMO, I'd go with what looks best and works for your situation. The amount of
ventilation has not been a problem for my two baths with double hung and
only opened from the bottom.

Are there any clear guidelines as to which type is more functional to
allow the greatest air flow and fan function applicability to a one
window bathroom such as ours ?

Yes, if it stinks really bad, consider changing your diet. Eggs and beer,
beans, sauerkraut should be eaten in moderation. Open window, close door in
consideration of the other family members.