Tony Hwang

Duane Bozarth wrote:
wrote:

I am about to start building a 24 X 28 stand alone garage/shop. I
decided against doing a course or 2 of concrete block and then 8ft
walls and I will just frame it from the pad up. So that leaves me with
the decision of 8' or 10' ceiling height. I know more space is
generally better, but if the space is for casual car repair and wood
working, is 10' really needed? anybody out there do 8' and really
regret it? It's not so much the cost that I'm worried about as I am
doing this myself and 10' will mean more work and I want to be sure its
worth it. thanks for you help.

Only you can decide whether it's worth it to you, but I'd never consider
anything less than 10-ft if I were building for shop use. 8-ft is
simply too low for a shop ceiling, imo.

Hi,
Ditto. Minimum 10 ft.
Tony