Gunner

On 15 Jul 2005 10:28:43 -0700, wrote:

"levers protrude
partially through the cavity floor, to press against the
spindle
flange. "

This is the problem I'm pretty sure after staring at it for an hour and
taking it apart over and over. I started thinking. Funny how that
seems to help sometimes. The levers arn't touching the flange because
the flange is too forward for this closer. I suspect when they sold
us the machine they gave us one that didn't fit.
I borrowed one from another shop and it also didn't work. The tube
seems to be just a bit too long or the flange is too far forward.
Thanks everybody for taking the time for my latest problem
Ken

If the draw tube is the correct length..slide it all the way in to the
closer "nut" and reach into the spindle nose with your finger. There
should be approx 1/8'-3/16" gap between the inside of the spindle nose
recess and the start of the draw tube.

I really wish you had a camera. There is a trick to putting the
fingers back in the right postion if the collet closer has been
removed and the fingers pulled out of position

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown