Joseph Meehan

Bob Valor wrote:
Does a double hung window have a circulation advantage in a one window
bathroom?

We live in Los Angeles. We have a bathroom with no other ventilation
than one window. The existing roll/crank full frame window is due to
be changed. It would seem that a double hung window would allow for an
upper air stream and a lower air stream.

However, by definition the double hung window would have an air
blockage space in the middle of the window. And a roll crank window
would open the entire window out and have a maximum aperture.
Then again, the double hung would allow for a fan to be put in the
upper portion of the window and blow out the moist post shower air.

We are willing to pay for the best quality or best value to cost in
replacing the window.

Are there any clear guidelines as to which type is more functional to
allow the greatest air flow and fan function applicability to a one
window bathroom such as ours ?

Bob

Simply put, it depends on too many factors for a simple answer.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit