SQLit

"Charlie S." wrote in message
news:UlZAe.5945$jh4.2206@trndny09...
I'm starting a project to stabilize the porch. Before I can do much of
anything I have to remove a lot of loose bricks from underneath. These

are
red bricks that came from an giant chimney we knocked down 25 years ago.

There are a lot a good bricks as well as a fair amount of broken up

pieces.
Seems these bricks are fairly desirable to some construction type people.
The eyes of a couple people I spoke to really lit up when they saw them.

guess the old brick is better than the newer brick in some way. They

seemed
eager to tell me that they knew people who get them off my hands if I

didn't
want them.

This has me thinking these bricks must have some value. I know at Home
Depot bricks cost about $0.69 each. I guess if I have a thousand bricks
this would be worth about $690. (I'm not sure how many I have as I've

only
begun to dig them out.) Not all the bricks are mortar free. Although,

most
of them are fairly clean. Is there a market for these bricks. If so, who
would I try to sell them to? How much would I charge?

From what I hear, there used to be a lot bricks lying around because of

old
buildings and chimney's being knocked down. Now, a lot of places are
renovating and the availability of old brick has diminished.

Regardless of what I do with the good brick, I still have the old broken

up
bricks to dispose of. Any ideas on how I could get rid of them at the
cheapest cost?

Here in Phoenix we have a brick plant that tumbles the "new brick" to make
it look old. Cost about $2.00 a piece.
There are a ton of differences with brick the box store your compare to are
concrete. Not the same animal that you have.
Put an add in the paper

25 year old brick approximately 1000, you pick up $500.00

I will bet that the add brings at least 10 callers to your home.