Dale Shuttleworth

Hi,

Grunff ) wrote:
: Lobster wrote:
: I'm going to be fitting a new bath and sink next week, and thought I'd
: use those newfangled flexible steel hoses to connect the taps rather
: than trying to solder pipework and copper tap connectors in just the
: right position. I'm assembling a Screwfix order so was going to include
: 2 sets of these. Trouble is, when you go to the relevant subsection of
: the Screwfix site at http://tinyurl.com/7t38t (or
: http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...2569&id=101316), there
: are no less than 27 different types to choose from, and I really don't
: rate my chances of getting it 100% right! Could anyone advise me which
: ones I need please?
:
: I'm using a standard matching pair of basin and bath taps (Screwfix
: 11216 and 18215), and the existing pipework feeding the taps is all 15mm
: apart from the hot bath tap, which has a 22mm pipe.

[...]

: And one of these for the hot bath:
: http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...34218&id=45149

My experience with those flexible hoses is that they are usually a
much smaller bore than whatever pipe you are attaching them to. This
may not be problem for your cold supply which, from the 15mm size of
all the pipes is probably mains pressure but it will have a substantial
effect on the (probably gravity fed) hot water flow into the bath.

Of course, the hoses proposed may be OK but its something I would
consider carefully - you need all the flow you can get to a bath...

Hope this helps,

Dale.