Sam Goldwasser

"James Sweet" writes:

"bigtom" wrote in message
TPG 17" monitor Model TP785XE

No HV, led comes on, heater glows, HOT ok.

i tested the resistance from the flyback anode(big red wire) to chassi
and got a reading of 2.68M ohm.

is it a faulty flyback?

It could be, but it's more likely something else. Do you have B+ at the HOT?

If you measured 2.68M ohm or lower in both directions between the anode
cap and anyplace else, the flyback is bad. The resistance should be in the
hundreds of M ohmz to infinity range.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.