tom

Dan wrote: I bought a Delta 12" bandsaw last year. I like the unit,
and once I got
the right blade for the job, I was off and running. I've been doing a
lot
of resawing and other work where I need a fence. Delta wants almost
$100
for their fence, and other mfgrs run about the same. I've been just
using
a piece of 2" angle iron and a pair of C clamps, but I'd like something
little better - easier to use and adjust, and more accurately square.
Has
anyony built their own add-on fence? I did a google search and only
found
commercial ones in the first 50 or so hits before I gave up.

Just build your own. I've put an extension table on my little 14 inch
Delta, through which a couple of slots were routed. A simple fence
with accessories(like a resaw fence) isn't hard to make, and with a
couple of wing nuts and toilet bolts, quite adjustable for drift. Tom