Prometheus

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:00:00 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

Looks like the price is right, too. Is that really 20 *pounds* of
sandpaper? That ought to keep me busy for a while!

yep.. George turned me onto them about 6 months ago, so I bought the bargain
box.. not expecting much except good paper.. I was expecting a lot of little
rolls in different sizes and stuff.. like scraps..

What I got was 4 HUGE rolls of about 3" wide wet/dry paper with a very stiff
backing... in 120, 150, 180 & 400 grit...
They're probably about 12" in diameter, so I hung them over the lathe on a pipe
clamp, so I can roll off what I need... I don't even cut this stuff, just roll
off what I need, bend it in half and snap it off.. really convenient!

That sounds perfect- the order is going out tomorrow, I think.

I turn every night and quite a bit during the day, and my wife sands a lot for
her pyrography, and we're maybe 1/3 of the way through the rolls.. the stuff
lasts forever!

Maybe I can throw away my big box of "almost still good" sandpaper
scraps I keep under the lathe once I get that stuff. I was really
starting to really scrape bottom tonight- finished off the piece with
a bit of 400 grit that was about 60% covered in spilled shellac.

I'm sure my wife'd like it too- she's a pyrographer and scroll sawyer
as well.