Rex B

Here's the plan:

1 Inflate tires to 50 lbs
2 Accurately Measure floor to support point on suspension, close to
wheel, preferably ball joint.
3 Cut tubing to size, place under support points
4 Reduce air pressure to normal, bringing majority of weight onto tubing.

By doing this most of the weight should be borne by the tubing. The
contact patch of the tires will add stability. Worst case, if the car
rolls off the stands, the "drop" might be 1/2 inch, unless all the tires
are flat. As for the floor, it's an old concrete warehouse floor.

We are going to try a few today. I'll let you know how it turns out.

- -
Rex Burkheimer
WM Automotive
Fort Worth TX

RoyJ wrote:
I'd be worrying about tipping over. You have a height of say 9" on a
base of 3", it takes very little effort to tip it over. Not to mention
the exhaust tube cutting into the floor.

Rex B wrote:

Right now I'm leaning toward 3" exhaust tubing, cut to length.
- -
Rex Burkheimer
WM Automotive
Fort Worth TX

Nick Müller wrote:

Bugs wrote:

Old wheel rims from a salvage yard with 3" pipe risers

Do the jacks realy have to be ugly?
Or is this the Luginbuehl-Museum?

Nick