Doctor Evil

"David" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"David" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Spike

mrichards@nocannedpig
.freezone.co.uk writes

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article

ws.net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Cut the plastic pipe with a hacksaw and and make sure the cut is

square

To the OP:-

Spike, if you want a laugh, do a Google for this group on IMM,

Doctor
Evil
(same person) and hacksaw.

He flooded out a friends house after trying to joint plastic pipe

when
cutting it with a hacksaw.

When working with new to you materials, it's always best to give

yourself
half a chance and use the correct tools.

Goes of Google wards ....Returns

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made my day, that did... 397

posts!

Ill be doing what any smart person would in these circs... Ill be

going
the tool emporium, purchasing said cutter, and then returning it once

job
is
done due to it "not being the right one after all"..

And you'll find the plastic pipe cutter is nowhere near £15 as quoted

by
John, its well worth getting the correct tool to do a good job, there

is
a time for bodging and this isn't it

Bertie, £15 for one joint? Are you nuts? He is best using a hacksaw and
finishing off the pipe trim and square with a fine file, taking care not

score the outside of the pipe. The use a brass compression joint.

John, the tool is about £7, this is not an excessive amount . How much
does it cost to have to redo it because you haven't done it properly in
the first place?

Bertie, I don't know because I always do it properly. I suggested using a
compression tee, as these are more forgiving when it comes to the pipe sides
being slightly scratched or the end not fully square, and will have greater
longevity as no O ring is used. I have used plastic in the past for
threading and used compression joints rather than pushfits.

Those cutters I have seen, the makers versions, are about £15. Even so, £7
for one joint then fitting on top is an expensive joint. With one joint,
using a hacksaw and trimming properly will do. Just take more time on the
cutting and trimming. On a whole system you would not want to do that, so a
cutter is necessary.

and once you've got it you won't
have to risk bodging
the job in the future for the lack
of the correct tool,

I would probably lay there for 10 years with most people.

I would strongly advise you to do
this as well, it will pay dividends in the long run

Bertie, I don't need a makers cutter to make a scratch free perfectly
square, trimmed, burr free, pipe end.