firstjois

Mike in Idaho wrote:
How should I sign my pieces?

Use a pencil, it won't fade with time like ink will. Best bet would
be on the back or bottom where you won't put a stain (or might not
put a stain, depends on style I guess). If you want to protect it I
suppose you could put a finish over it, but that's up to you. And
don't worry about it being easily erased, if someone wanted to do
that they could also sand/scrape anything else you did to sign it so
what's the difference, right?

Mike

There is something classic about signing with pencil and I see it in museum
pieces on folkart and other handmade pieces.

Josie