CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Jungle Jim wrote:
We are buikding a new home - ranch w/basement, and I am interested in
(either tasking the electrician or doing it myself) taking this
opportunity to wire the house for network drops, audio, etc. I will
want a closet with a patch panel for maximum flexibility and home runs
from each room in the house. I do know that I will want 2 cat-5
cables for each room (network and phone), and RG-6 coax for tv cable.
There are other hings I will want to do at a later time, but for now I
don't want to vet in too deeply into other things such as security
cameras, etc.

What books are available that you have used and can recommend to me so
that I may become more educated in current technology and what;s
coming up.

Anyone who has either done this at home construction or as an add-on
after construction ? What was your ideas on this ?

Sounds good. 2x cat5 per room should be sufficient. Security camers
are also using IP addresses and network connections these days, so
perhaps put a few drops in the attic for good camera locations. Plus
electrical.

run the cable, but you dont have to wire every room right away, long as
the wire is there your good for when you need it.

And if you can avoid wireless your better off. Use it only on the
laptop. No need to run so many extra radio waves through ourselves than
necessary. And wire will always be faster than wireless.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert