Kalico

Default OT : Source for printer control codes needed

On Wed, 26 May 2004 16:35:43 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Wed, 26 May 2004 09:58:28 +0100, Kalico wrote:

So what doesn't it do that you would like it to do?

Print at all from the old DOS app.

Obviously, the printer needs some codes to be send before the actual
data.

Normally only if you want to switch it into a different mode other
than printing plain ASCII.

Or it could be that the Windows driver would normally generate
the whole bitmap image to pass to the printer, in which case I'm
stuffed.

Quite. What model Smasung printer is it? Or is there any mention of it
being a "win printer" on their site.

Thanks to all who've given advice.

The printer is an ML-1210 and will not,according to Samsung, print any
DOS stuff at all. In fact, they were quite suprised when I told them
how I have managed to solve it.

I've actually managed to get sorted with acombination of a program
called DOSprinter (not DOSprint, which although good did not quite
solve it) and a neat registry edit.

The DOSprinter program emulates Epson codes and the registry edit has
allowed a type of capture of the port.

Anyway, I have a solution so thanks to you all for pointing me in the
right direction.

Rob