George

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:37:05 -0400, Gerald Ross
wrote:

I sometimes use a short piece of dowel with a slit sawed across the end
about 2 inches deep. A 2 inch strip of sandpaper slid into the slit and
wrapped around the dowel can sand the interior without risking a digit.

There's the bit I was looking for! I kept trying to hold paper in
place with spray adhesive, but it wasn't strong enough. The slit
should be just what the doctor ordered. Should have thought of that
myself!

Use a sanding sponge gripped in a haemostat. Just don't put your fingers
through the holes, in case you get a grab and twist.