Doctor Evil

"Spike" wrote in message
We had our old lead pipes ripped out last year, and the entire system
replaced with a nice new Combi boiler and CH for the first time... Its
lovely :-)

Now, Im not a complete muppet when it comes to the odd bit of plumbing

(even
managed to swage a piece of new copper into an old lead pipe a few months
ago..took a whole day mind, but it doesnt leak...) but a large part of the
new pipework is grey plastic...I believe its Whitworth.

Now, I have to move out the sink unit to hack off all the old 1950's tiles
behind it, and want to hook in a tap to outside. If it was copper, Id

just
go out, buy a compression fit T piece and away we go...

But I have no idea how this new fangled plastic stuff works.

So how would one go about putting a T piece style connector in?

And how do I disconnect the plastic from the mains? The connectors are

all
push fit by the looks of things... do they come apart easily? If so,

how?!

Any pointers appreciated..

I thnk you mean Hepworth. By a Hepworth Hwp2O tee. If only doing a few
joinst yopu don't need special tools. A cutter will cost £15 or so, which
is worth buying if you are doing a whole system. Cut the plastic pipe with
a hacksaw and and make sure the cut is square A fine file can help here to
sqaure off. Make sure there are no burred edges to the pipe. Here is what
Hepworth said here on this groups when the question was asked about cutting
their pipe:

"The inventive can find many ways of achieving a perfectly acceptable clean,
square cut using a variety of tools."