BigWallop

"Vaci" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:
These types of basin are best fitted with plain waste pipe runs to them,

and
have an inline (running) trap further down the pipework so they aren't
visible and spoil the look of the new basin. So is it possible for you

install a running trap on to a horizontal section of the 40 mm pipe and

run
the reducer and the narrower 32 mm pipe from there to the basin?

I wanted to do something similar (with my regular basin) to position the
trap away from the awkward space under the basin. But I couldn't find
anything (from a quick browse in the BES catalogue) that would allow me
to attach a run of solvent weld pipe directly to the 1 1/4" thread of
the waste (apart from a regular trap).

Vaci

You can actually stick the pipe directly in the waste outlet stock and
tighten a normal compression nut on to it. Along with the normal
compression ring and anti-stick ring of course.

Our basin is installed like that, with the running trap under the bath,
behind the end panel. It hid the pipework behind the pedestal on our basin
because the wall is tiled all the way down and a pipe would have looked
horrid.