Default Sink Waste Problem

Hello All

just purchased a new sink one of those glass bowl on a wall bracket
type, with a what they call a minimalist trap. Now my waste pipe to the
old sink was 43mm and the new pipe I'm going to need is going to be a
lot smaller as it needs to be able to fit inside the trap arm in order
to hide the pipe. How can I convert the 43mm pipe to be the correct
diameter, is there some kind of reducer I can buy?

TIA

Richard

TheScullster

Ah, now, there's another item on my list of 'must-have' fixtures and
fittings of today which I predict we will all be ripping out in 15 years'
time, like we did with hardboard panels on the back of old moulded doors,
avocado bathroom suites and artex...

So far the 2005 list runs to:

Timber decking
Recessed halogen downlighters
Laminate flooring
'Glass bowl' sinks

I'm sure I had more than that: any more for any more?!

Just walk around B&Q and check out their "special offers" - they'll all be
the

Trendy patio furniture
Patio heaters
Build your own fire places
etc
etc

Shows how sad I am to have noticed these

Phil

BigWallop

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello All

just purchased a new sink one of those glass bowl on a wall bracket
type, with a what they call a minimalist trap. Now my waste pipe to the
old sink was 43mm and the new pipe I'm going to need is going to be a
lot smaller as it needs to be able to fit inside the trap arm in order
to hide the pipe. How can I convert the 43mm pipe to be the correct
diameter, is there some kind of reducer I can buy?

TIA

Richard

The 43 mm pipe is classed as 40 mm internal diameter, so all you need is a
40 to 32 reducer. The wash basin doesn't have to have the trap directly
below it though, and the trap can be placed somewhere hidden along the pipe
run, just so long as a trap is fitted to stop the smells getting back into
the house it's fine.

These types of basin are best fitted with plain waste pipe runs to them, and
have an inline (running) trap further down the pipework so they aren't
visible and spoil the look of the new basin. So is it possible for you to
install a running trap on to a horizontal section of the 40 mm pipe and run
the reducer and the narrower 32 mm pipe from there to the basin?

Vaci

BigWallop wrote:
These types of basin are best fitted with plain waste pipe runs to them, and
have an inline (running) trap further down the pipework so they aren't
visible and spoil the look of the new basin. So is it possible for you to
install a running trap on to a horizontal section of the 40 mm pipe and run
the reducer and the narrower 32 mm pipe from there to the basin?

I wanted to do something similar (with my regular basin) to position the
trap away from the awkward space under the basin. But I couldn't find
anything (from a quick browse in the BES catalogue) that would allow me
to attach a run of solvent weld pipe directly to the 1 1/4" thread of
the waste (apart from a regular trap).

Vaci
BigWallop

"Vaci" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:
These types of basin are best fitted with plain waste pipe runs to them,

and
have an inline (running) trap further down the pipework so they aren't
visible and spoil the look of the new basin. So is it possible for you

install a running trap on to a horizontal section of the 40 mm pipe and

run
the reducer and the narrower 32 mm pipe from there to the basin?

I wanted to do something similar (with my regular basin) to position the
trap away from the awkward space under the basin. But I couldn't find
anything (from a quick browse in the BES catalogue) that would allow me
to attach a run of solvent weld pipe directly to the 1 1/4" thread of
the waste (apart from a regular trap).

Vaci

You can actually stick the pipe directly in the waste outlet stock and
tighten a normal compression nut on to it. Along with the normal
compression ring and anti-stick ring of course.

Our basin is installed like that, with the running trap under the bath,
behind the end panel. It hid the pipework behind the pedestal on our basin
because the wall is tiled all the way down and a pipe would have looked
horrid.

Shower waste problem alexbartman UK diy 1 March 30th 05 11:09 AM
Sink problem Chuck and Erika Douglas Home Repair 5 March 26th 05 04:08 AM
Bathroom - Fitting a new sink & wc Nodge UK diy 0 September 21st 04 03:02 PM
Single sink for sale PoP UK diy 0 March 4th 04 05:54 PM
Problem with retrace lines on EIZO F55S... [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 October 20th 03 02:29 AM