Mary Fisher

"AlexW" wrote in message

Black beetles aren't ants ... in my experience black beetles run away
from humans.

Its just the principle. I have had a beetle, an earwig and spiders (not
together BTW) stuck in in items of clothing before, can't remember the
exact circumstances as the instances were years ago.

Yes - it doesn't happen all that often does it ? G Nothing to be scared
about.

Made me itchy though for a few minutes tho...

Oh baby!

My hens can catch them though!

Better for them than that polystyrene eh ;-)

Yes. Spouse went behind a shed yesterday to find something to use as a
froglet stepping stone out of the pond and discovered that the timber wall
was past its best. Not surprising after 50 years and three moves. I bought
it in the 50s as a bike shed. So he removed the offending part, which was
'insulated' with ceiling tiles when he used the shed as a plane building
workroom. There were bits of the stuff all over the yard, the hens had a
birthday!

We also had a splendid fire with the rotting and cocoon laden timbers. Dry
as tinder, it didn't last long.

Mary