BigWallop

wrote in message
oups.com...
Not knowing what type of beetle they are for sure, so the diagnosis is

only
coming from things that it could be that attract beetles.

I've had a look around the web, and the beetles I've seen look
frightningly similar to these critters...

http://www.the-piedpiper.co.uk/th7h.htm

That's what I thought. They live on the left overs of where birds and
things have made nests. They aren't a pest, as it says on the site you
linked to, but they can breed and make life hell if they have a constant
food supply. They also return to places where they have not been disturbed,
for their breeding cycle. It might be a good idea to have a look around for
a recent birds nest or squirrel lair around the house.

Have you noticed any fox runs anywhere around your property?

http://insected.arizona.edu/mealinfo.htm