HMFIC-1369

Very Nice! I like the layout. I'll post mine in about a month. I went in the
opposite direction, I wanted a modern look with spending as little as
possible and as little time as possible but doubling storage and the
countertop I want. Ceramic Flooring, Ikea Cabinetry,.Silestome Counter and
Island so far including some choice tools, I'm just short of $7K. (3.5K for
countertop) After everything is up and running, I'll start making maple
cabinet doors.

Originally, I had 4 contractors bid on doing the jobs with about 14 L. Ft.
they all came back with 25K to 35K+ figures, (refacing was 18K w/2custom
cabinets). Honestly, I wasn't impressed with many of the Manufactured
cabinets, in all cases you could see where they cut costs to maximize
profits. So I examined building them, not cheap either. For quality wood,
your still going to pay for it and then even hardware like handles and
drawer slides are getting costly. Creating a overly costly Kitchen is easy
too, the challenge being in doing a mid-quality level ass cheap as possible.
Ikea gave me the all Al/Glass cabinets I wanted, for the price of just
outsourcing 1 set of A/G doors (550.00).....

Even though I'm retired my time is more money then I first estimated and
over 50 I don't move as quick or lift as much. What I realized was that very
few people when I sell the home will appreciate the cabinetry if I did it
myself, and honestly most now would redo it they're way (and break my
heart). As they say location location, location......

"Swingman" wrote in message
Finally got around to taking pictures this morning ... for all practical
purposes this one is ready to fire up and maybe cook some gumbo:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects7.htm

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05