Swingman

"CNT" wrote in message
I don't see anything that he does in regards to what I am inquiring about?
Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful (as I congratulate to him in recent
post). All his work has sharp corners.

Swingman posted today to that thread, with links to pictures of a
kitchen he's done in a house he's building.

I am looking for small strip ideas (say 5-6" wide and 6' tall). See my
original post with link to my webpage.

There's been a trend the past few years around here, particularly in
contractor built kitchen cabinets, to use 45 degree "corners" exactly as you
have drawn in your sketch ... it's a nice look.

These local example are not, however, "raised panels" for corners, but there
is no reason why you couldn't make them that way if you have the time and
inclination.

The ones you have in your sketch are not difficult to do if you have a
tilting arbor table saw, and crown molding can be cut around it quite
easily. Narrow "raised panels" for the "corners", as you seem to be
suggesting, could be cut in the same manner.

IIRC, Leon has a pretty cool method of joinery for corner stiles that he
uses on corner cabinets that may lend itself to what I am guessing you are
wanting to do. Might want to ping him and see if he can chime in with some
ideas.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05