Walt & Jenne Ahlgrim

Did I miss the press release? Where did you get this info?

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:00:06 -0400, "George" George@least wrote:

"Chuck" wrote in message
Am I the only person who is disappointed to hear that Teknatool has
discontinued the $850 Nova 3K in order to concentrate on the $1900
DVR? I don't know about the rest of you, but for me 1000 extra bucks
to get into a Nova isn't chump change. That's a lot of bowls, pens
and candlesticks. _Is_ there a domestic (US) lathe comparable to the
Nova 3000 for a similar price? Seems that Teknatool is shutting out a
lot of potential customers who might be inclined to buy a less-pricey
"entry level" lathe and have something to move up to in the future. I
mean, if I had 2 grand to spend on a lathe I'd probably wait a little
longer and just save up for a Oneway. AAMOF, that's probably what I
will do, now.

Why? Powermatic is a real great lathe at half the bucks.

The 3000 had a lot of problems and some modifications along the way. Not to
mention that a variable speed motor with controller kicks it up to a grand
and a half. At that price, I guess they prefer to chance the DVR.

Not many pulley-driven lathes available any more. Everyone else has made
their decision, now it's time for Teknatool to do it.