Jerry Built

Default Leaking roof

dam wrote:
Today, I finally got up into the attic, and found that some of
the felt under the titles has come down. Not a huge bit,
probably about 300mm square. I really don't want to have to re-
felt the whole roof (and we can't afford that at the moment
anyway), so I'm looking for ideas on the best way to fix this
from the inside.

Get a roll of felt and some ruberoid compound from your local
BM. Get some tiling batten or similar for props. Cut a piece
of felt full roll width that will fit in between the rafters.
Tidy up the hole edges. Apply a generous layer of jointing
compound, and tuck the bottom edge of your strip of felt over
the top edge of the undamaged run of felt below the damaged
piece. Prop the whole lot up with battens until set. Done.

J.B.