mac davis

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:07:06 -0400, "George" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
If you want to really play with a cool tool, try an oval skew... SO cool

to be
able to roll it a little...

Try a straight chisel, sometimes referred to as a "beading tool," and you'll
wonder why anyone would want to use a skew. Those who turned in the woods
for a living used straight and chisels with mild concavity, because they
were more controllable, made a smoother bead, and were easy to sharpen.

I think I have one, George, just not sure from your description... sort of a
round skew but without that damned angle on the end?

Mac
03 Tahoe Widelite 26GT Travel Trailer
replaced 1958 Hilite tent trailer
99 Dodge Ram QQ 2wd - 5.9L, auto, 3:55 gears