Pop

"ByzeiwIG" wrote in message
Whenever I walk around the house, especially in
carpeted areas, fleas
attach themselves to my legs and feet. Worse for my
mother.
In the course of three or four days, we caught about
fifty fleas.
Instead of trying to kill them with our fingers, we
will pick them
off, and drown them in a big bowl of water.

Do electric flea traps work? I've vacuumed the
carpets twice, but
still have fleas. The vacuum is old and doesn't have
a very powerful
suction. SHould I get a steam vacuum? I want to avoid
using pesticides
and carpet powders. I would like to know if those
plug in flea traps
with glue traps attached, work.

I have a feeling I will have to order insecticides
and powder.

Yup, I think you're going to have to. Go the the store
and read the directions on different kinds and see what
you like. You'll likely have to do more than one
treatment also - there will be lots of eggs left over.
Are they ONLY in the home, or are they under it too?
If they're all over under it or around it, in the
soil/grass whatever, you're gtoing to have your work
cut out for you.

I'd suggest a trip to google.com and read up on the
various methods of flea controls.
No, the electric gizmos, traps etc. don't work for a
full fledged infestation which you seem to have.

HTH,

Pop