PipeDown

Vacuum all you want, you'll never get them all.

Start with powdering the rugs, vacuuming all furniture and curtains, washing
all affected laundry, linens etc. Powders containing primarily Pyrethrums
are very safe. Steam cleaning will probably help but again, many fleas may
not be in the rug.

Glue traps don't work for fleas because they do not forage like ants or
cockroaches but wait for a meal to walk by before jumping. Maybe you can
wrap an object in fly paper and warm it to body temp then wave ot over the
carpet. (sounds crazy and might catch a few but not all)

If the infestation continues, you'll need to get a bug bomb (also at
supermarket or pet store) and treat all rooms according to directions and
stay out of the house for a day at least.

Even if you kill all the fleas today, you will need to retreat to kill the
ones waiting to hatch from the eggs tomorrow.

Give in and get a spray or powder. Is your discomfort and risk of getting
an infection from scratching a bite worth worring about the negligabe risk
of toxic reactions to flea treatments.

I assume you have a pet. get it treated. Frontline or similar works best.
Clean the areas the pet goes to and have it checked for worms too as they
can be transmitted by flea bites.

"ByzeiwIG" wrote in message
Whenever I walk around the house, especially in carpeted areas, fleas
attach themselves to my legs and feet. Worse for my mother.
In the course of three or four days, we caught about fifty fleas.
Instead of trying to kill them with our fingers, we will pick them
off, and drown them in a big bowl of water.

Do electric flea traps work? I've vacuumed the carpets twice, but
still have fleas. The vacuum is old and doesn't have a very powerful
suction. SHould I get a steam vacuum? I want to avoid using pesticides
and carpet powders. I would like to know if those plug in flea traps
with glue traps attached, work.

I have a feeling I will have to order insecticides and powder.