Percival P. Cassidy

On 07/10/05 07:46 pm George E. Cawthon tossed the following ingredients
into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Which is better.....white numbers on black background, or black
numbers on
white background?

Seems strange that no one mentioned that numbers on the curb are
useless. Emergency people aren't looking at the curb, and any numbers
will be dirty, covered up, or cars parked where you can't read them.
Painting numbers on the curb is a scam. If you want people to find your
address, put the number on a clear spot on the front of your house, or
nail them on a tree, a fence, a mailbox, but make sure that they are
about at eye level.

When I lived in So. Cal., I saw many houses with numbers painted on the
curb (black on white). I found it far easier to locate the house,
especially at night, because they showed up well and were in a
consistent location.

Perce