raden

In message , PC Paul
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , writes
On 11 Jul,
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
Certainly was on my Honeywell too. Most of these cell packs come
with
PCB mounting tags. Spring contacts would be a source of trouble on
something with a life like this.

One of mine had a socket arrangement like a pp3. It wasn't 9volt, and
couldn't get a replacement anywhere. As the mains is reliable it
hasn't
bothered us, but inhibits alterations to the ring it is on.

Are you sure it is a re-chargeable type? I had an ancient Acorn computer
where the backup was simply two zinc carbon AA cells. And they lasted as
long as a rechargeable. About 7 years.

I traced out the circuit. It's definitely intended for a rechargable
battery.

Just re-checked the battery, It's larger tags than a pp3, one each end.
It's
cylindrical made up of 8 cells, it's 33mm dia and 70 mm long.

On end it says VARTA 250DK

On the side it says Do not incinerate D86
Tel 0460 73366

Controller is a Sunvic.

Hmm ... not seen one of those in a programmer before, it must be a bit old
to require such a voltage

If you need a replacement battery, AllBatteries are an agent for varta

and ...

A gold star for anyone who knows what VARTA means

http://www.uk.varta-microbattery.com...home/index.php if you just
want to get the specs.

Oh, and "Vertrieb, Aufladung, Reparatur Transportabler Akkumulatoren" of
course ;-)

You can have two gold stars for that
(as long as you weren't listening when I posted that a few years ago)

Strange how batteries are at the end, but are the only thing that most
people know about varta

--
geoff