On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:34:53 -0500, someone wrote:

.... What
I came up with was putting standard outlet boxes in whereever
I thought I would want a drop, with at least one per room.
I then had the electrician drop conduit from the box down
into the basement.

I have always thought that sounded like the way to go, but you are the
first person I heard from who actually did it. Yeah if one really
wanted to be belt and suspenders prepared, have pull string put in
too, but that shouldn't be critical, check the price.