kiich

hi john
thanks for the reply.

Just checked everything i was going to this weekend after reading
allthe replies etc.

first of all, thanks for all the replies by everyone - i guess the
things i am asking is fundamental stuff and maybe i shouldnt be doing
this without knowing much about DIY - but who wouldnt want to know
what's going in his/her OWN house once they purchase their first
property?

i'm just asking for answers to my concerns - and i appreciate even the
ones telling me i shouldnt be doing some of these things myself - as i
do kind of agree and i apologies if i am misunderstaning/getting
confused on certain stuff.

but if you can imagine if you have never seen something before and
wanted to learn, i would imagine starting with the most fundamental
question is an ok way to start to learn? if i was helping someone with
something in my profession, i wouldnt start off by telling them that
they are a troll (whatever that means ...)

anyways, rant over and here's more questions:

1) i do have a chunky manual room stat - and i cant even find it on the
sunvic website anymore. and i do hear it click as i rotate it around.

2) i took the motor of the motorised valve off the other night - and
saw a tap spindle. didnt have any lable/indication to say which way to
tur nfor CH or HW etc - so i just turned it the "other" way around -
and my radiators came on!!
my boiler's timer settings was on CH and HW BOTH.

so if i turn the spidnle manualy, the CH comes on.

that means it can only be:

a) the motor is buggered for the motorised valve
OR
b) the wiring is not telling the boiler to do CH

correct?

so if i left the spindle in the position where the CH started to work,
does that mean my HW will now NOT work?
i did not see or work out what/where this "mid-position" is though on
the brass bit - is it inside the motor part?

thanks