Vortex

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Vortex
writes
Anyone out there ever attempted to repair/replace the battery? Is it
easy?

Piece of ****

4.6v NiMH oval battery

about 3 quid from CPC, I presume Maplins also sell them

I presume you know how to get the programmer off the backplate

--
geoff

Thanks,

Just got back from MAPLINS. Job done. First use of my solder sucker this
side of the millennium.

MAPLIN man said I risked catastrophy if I replace NiCad with NiMH. Let's
see!

I can assure you, there's no problem

What sort of catastrophe do they expect ?

I replace loads of them for service companies who send me non functioning
ones to repair

What do you need a solder sucker for ? The battery just pops out of the
back of the programmer

--
geoff

I can assure you it was soldered in on my one. Had to dismantle programmer
to component PCB's!