Erik asked about HD's tool warranty and to this I say:
When the HD opened in the Twin Cities area they had A large selection
of tools that rivalled Sears and all of the Husky brand was U.S. made as
far as I could tell. They also had A large Lexan bin that had old
Craftsman and Snap-On tools in it They had signs posted that they would
take any Craftsman or Snap-On tool and replace it with a like kind Husky
tool. This was A great deal for me as I had A number of Snap-On tools
that I couldn't get replaced by Snap-On (abused they said) so I got them
replaced at HD without any problem but in the last 4 years they not only
scrapped the program but there tool selection has been cut in half and
most of there Husky brand tools are of foreign manufacture.
Oh well- back to Sears!!

Good Luck!

H.R.