Leif Thorvaldson

"unk" wrote in message
I was contemplating a recent whiff of a blast from the CA Accellerator
spray bottle and began to wonder....is this stuff just Acetone or are there
other things in there?

Well, I got down my can of acetone, let the gas escape and then got an eye
dropper full and squirted it on a drop of CA .... and guess what...it did
not make a bit of difference in the drying time of the CA. I was taken
aback.

CA Accellerator smells like Acetone but there must be other stuff in there
that makes it work.

Does anyone have the formula? I admit - I am cheap and think threre is a
way around the store to make this stuff at home

Ray

=======I seem to recall that this topic came up once before and a
suggestion was put forth that to speed setting of the CA to spray a bit of
water in the area to be joined and then apply the CA with even giving it a
quick spray. I have tried that and it seemed to work. However, I agree
that the use of a commercial accelerant is cheap enough that it doesn't
warrant doing under the kitchen sink chemistry.

Leif