I believe a bicycle coasting down a hill normally travels faster than a
walking soldier. If generator output allows power capture on coasts,
reducing speed to walking speed, then as far as mobility goes, on dirt
roads, it's a dead heat for speed, with the bicycle/generator out ahead
in terms of independence from supply.

Doug

If you actually work out how much energy you can capture that way, I
think youll find it disappointing.

NT

Dear NT,

I have worked it out. I was impressed, not disappointed. I have
actually captured such energy. I was more than impressed, I was
frightened. I had to slam on the brakes before I damaged the wiring and
components with the several hundred watt power surge.

Doug