Ian Stirling

heinzy wrote:
Hi There

I'm trying to recess a shower mixer valve on an internal wall of
perforated bricks. Theres a fixing bracket that needs to be recessed
about 5cm inside the wall and there is 2 holes + raw plug fixings for
this.

The problem is that the internal wall is made of perforated bricks and
so I cant get a good fixing.

Im guessing that I need to somehow fill the area behind with a filler/
resin type compound in order to screw into

The general idea is to use much larger expanding bolts, or some other
fixing.
What may work well is to simply drill two 1" holes, 50-100mm deep, and
simply then glue a couple of dowels in.