Jim Alexander

"Fred" wrote in message
Hello, I have posted about this plumber before as I am still having
problems with my central heating system, but his invoice for a few
small jobs must be the reason why so many people want to become
plumbers these days

No its the reason why its worth learning a bit of DIY.

1 emergency call out to fit a new washer on the pipe connecting the
dishwasher (time of actual work 10 minutes)

Why on earth would you want to make an emergency call-out for your
dishwasher. Learn how to isolate your appliances.

all in one outing
1 thermostatic valve fitted to a radiator
1 tap swapped at the kitchen sink
1 replaced stoptap and ball valve
total time of this outing 90 minutes max

he first wanted to also charge for work ot the central heating system
that I insist was warranty related. With my stubborn resistance he
lowered the invoice. This guy used to be the "family" plumber, hence I
did not insist on quotes for all of the above thinking that I full
well knew ball park figures for these jobs.

Being?

Anybody wishing to take a guess...

280 pounds all inclusive.

Say the callout cost me 100 quid - money quickly made for him but
never mind. The rest are small jobs imho, certainly not worth 180
pounds, even in a decent, fairly expensive part of the North. Is there
a comeback for me or just a bitter pill to swallow?

It's not a plumber's invoice at all, its an emergency plumbers invoice.
Don't use emergency call-outs for routine work.

Jim A