T i m

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:08:46 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

However, I'm no veggie fan and am confused by things like why veggies
need something the shape / taste of say a sausage but made out of
fungus?

I've never understood that either.

Why can't it just be a bowl of green gloop?

Because fungi aren't green. Well, I've never had any which were. White,
grey, brown, black, yellow, blue but never green. No chlorophyll, you see,
that's one of the characeristics of fungi.

Tsk, trust me not to know that .. but then you can't fix a PC can you
Mary (interesting though) ;-)

In an ideal world though, I'm with you in principal (I'm still waiting
for tablet-space-food as don't rate food as a hobby in any case).

Oh, you really ARE a philistine! What dreadful experiences have you had
which could make you say that?

Brussels?

Food- good food - is one of my passions!

We have have been all though this on alt.food.snobs .. and I think we
came to the conclusion that most basic 'food' is bland and they way
the food fans 'fix' that fact is to smother everything with garlic and
herbs?

I 'enjoy' a curry because (to me) it has a nice and noticable taste
(flavour?. Spuds taste of nothing / dirt (and I'm not talking about
muddy raw ones now g) as do most vegeatables (remember, 'to me').

I'm currently growing some runner beans (given to me by a gardener
friend, supposedly 'good ones') and some toms. I 'like' runner beans
(in so far as I don't 'like' any veg .. like I never 'fancy' them) so
we will see if they taste any different to me than the 'factory' ones
(without garlic). ;-) Toms I can also live without (but maybe live
longer with?)

Favourite meal .. 'her' breakfasts .. fried (free range) egg on 1
slice of toast, baked beans on one slice of toast, crispy bacon, fried
mushrooms, brown sauce and a mug of tea slobber .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m