T i m

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:15:33 +0100, "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)"
wrote:

In article , Mary Fisher
wrote:

You don't eat meat in the south?

*I* certainly don't eat the corpses of dead animals, nor would I condone the
wilful murder of any creature for any reason other than survival. In 2005 in
most of the developed world, there is NO GOOD REASON to continue such
barbarism.

But, aren't we are omnivores, mammals and part of the food chain? If
*we* stop breeding / killing animals for food will that stop nature
doing the same .. aren't we just part of that 'nature.?

Don't get me wrong, I 'generally' protect animals (even usher wasps
out of the window g) and am very upset by the treatment some animals
'enjoy' in the hands of some folk / cultures / countries.

However, I'm no veggie fan and am confused by things like why veggies
need something the shape / taste of say a sausage but made out of
fungus? Why can't it just be a bowl of green gloop?

In an ideal world though, I'm with you in principal (I'm still waiting
for tablet-space-food as don't rate food as a hobby in any case).

All the best ..

T i m