John Rumm

Mary Fisher wrote:

I've killed poultry, for food. I've been present in slaughterhouses when my
daughter's cattle and sheep have been killed - to ensure that the highest
welfare procedures are complied with. We butcher our own meat, preferring to
begin with the carcase in its coat - whether it's bird or mammal. That's
always possible with game- much of which is culled to protectother crops
(some eaten by vegans).

That way I'm in control and no strangers are dealing with my food.

I went for a tour round an abattoir as a school field trip once. Must
admit I found it quite reassuring really - the animals were all well
treated and not maltreated or abused in any way prior to being killed.

I really don't think you should pick out children and housewives as being
ignorant of where their food originates. Many men don't even know how it
gets to their plate, never mind how it gets into the house.

;-)

lots of sensible food attitude snipped

Well said that woman! ;-)

BTW, No, I don't wear leather etc.

We do - for the reason above. Why should animals be denied a life?

More to the point, why should the rest of us have to put up with the
smell of folks sweaty feet because they insist on wearing plastic shoes
even though porkies coat is going begging since he has no further use
for it (as a result of being in my bacon sarnie) ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.