Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Mary Fisher
wrote:

You don't eat meat in the south?

*I* certainly don't eat the corpses of dead animals, nor would I condone the
wilful murder of any creature for any reason other than survival. In 2005 in
most of the developed world, there is NO GOOD REASON to continue such
barbarism. There are so many alternatives.

Now stranded on a desert island, I would be changing my view, but not where
there is ANY alternative. People are still eating dead animals because the
process is sanitised. Kids are not shown the horrors of what happens to
animals at the hands of "food producers" and the "housewife" buys prepacked
items that have no resemblance to the real creature that has been so abused.
Very few consumers associate the food on their plates with the poor creature
that was slain to provide it, otherwise many would refuse it.

For those of us who do it seems daft to shoot something you can't eat. We
can't understand why good food is wasted

It seems daft to me to kill any creature, for any reason. Why can't we live
in harmony with nature instead of abusing it?

BTW, No, I don't wear leather etc.